AMSTERDAM WALKING FOOD TOUR
Food is an important part of every culture, Food is Culture. Our Amsterdam Walking Food Tour takes place between Jordaan and other parts within Amsterdam Canal belt. Jordaan is one of Amsterdam’s most loved neighborhood. Built in the 17th century as an area for working class and immigrants, in 70’s it received a complete facelift to make it look as beautiful as it does today. It is vibrant, with a huge music heritage. Today it represents the perfect setting for artists, galleries and small businesses.
Centrum, like the word suggests, is the center of the city. You will walk on Amsterdam oldest bridge, learn how the canal belt was built, enjoy a stroll in the “9 streets” and much more.
Our Amsterdam Walking Food Tour will take you through the historical part of town. We will guide you through its buildings and get you to taste some delicacies that are typical to Dutch food culture. The goal is for you to enjoy the food, know the stories behind it and fully appreciate the setting around you.
- 49 EUR adults
- (children < 6 free of charge)
WHY joining our Amsterdam Walking Food Tour?
- In three words: food, people and passion!
- No backhand deals. We are proud to be independent.
- We will be very honest in our recommendations. Your positive stay with us, and in Amsterdam, is our only priority.
- You will be walking the streets of Amsterdam most charming neighbourhoods. This tour is a great opportunity for everyone to explore Amsterdam in a culinary way and off the tourist track. Learn about Dutch food craftsmanship, indulge in a rich variety of foods and experience the unique history of Amsterdam.
- Be yourself and enjoy your time with us.
WHAT do we offer?
- The food tour takes about 2 1/2 hours.
- You will be given a small bottle of water before starting the tour.
- The walking distance is roughly 3 km.
- There are 6 -7 tastings (sweet, savoury & drinks)
- Tours are always in English.
- Tours take place with rain or shine.
- We taste on the go and seated.
- Our groups will have a minimum of 4 to a maximum of 10 people. We want to ensure you spend quality time, meeting new people and enjoying the tastings. And have time for a lot of questions!
WHEN do we meet?
- The tour starts at 10:30 am every day from Thursday to Saturday
- For our sleepy guests we have an EXTRA tour on Saturdays @ 2pm
- On Sundays the tour starts at 11:30am
- Online bookings are accepted up to 24 hours before. If you would like to join a tour tomorrow, please send us a quick email and we will do our best to accommodate your request.
WHERE does the tour take place?
- Jordaan & other parts within Amsterdam Canal belt, Centrum
- Details of the exact location is sent to you when the booking is confirmed
WHO will be with you?
- Emanuele or Hoang from dutchfoodtour.com